Product Manager, Technical
Crisis Text Line is a non-profit tech startup focused on mental health. We've built our own platform for engaging with people in crisis (think: suicide, self-harm, domestic violence, etc) via SMS, Facebook Messenger, and other messaging applications using standard, open web technologies. Every decision we make, every hire, every product it’s about helping people in pain and doing it with greater speed, accuracy, and quality.
Crisis Text Line has experienced impressive organic growth. We’ve processed more than 65 million messages in under 5 years. The team is 80+ full-time people. In the next 18 months, all of those numbers will double. Our goal? Help 1 billion people around the world in the next 12 years.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead the development of our internal tools, infrastructure, and software development systems - all critical parts of our plans for growth. This PM will work across the entire organization to launch primarily business-facing and technical features.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in agile web development, API integrations, Salesforce, and development systems.
In this job you will:
- Build upon and improve the infrastructure and security mechanisms that support Crisis Text Line’s tech stack
- Manage and prioritize devops requests and support in improving devops processes
- Own the development of all internal tools and platforms, including Salesforce, Okta, Form Assembly, Canvas, and Contentful
- Build out Crisis Text Line’s central dispatch for automated email and SMS communications
- Own the Crisis Text Line user support process and tools, regularly evaluating its effectiveness and making it better
- Receive incoming data requests for data engineering projects and delegate to appropriate team members
- Write technical product specifications, discuss tradeoffs with engineering, and craft into scrum stories
- Manage stakeholder requests and involvement in the product process, including looping them in at critical decision points
- Work with the product and engineering leadership to prioritize work and create a continuous deployment pipeline
- Provide customer service support as needed, answering questions from our users and tracking bugs and feedback
- Support Crisis Text Line’s global expansion by considering and implementing against global requirements
- Help create a vision for what systems should be owned and operated vs. outsourced as we grow
- 3+ years of technical product management experience in a fast-paced organization performing as a product manager
- Experience with HTML, CSS, or any engineering language
- Experience working in Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Experience launching and managing project on Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing and executing product launch plans
- Experience building products that are used globally
- Experience working with remote developers across multiple time zones
- Excellent at multitasking, self-managing and handling requests from multiple sources
- Expert communicator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Flexible and able to pivot quickly while maintaining focus on the problem at hand
- Exceptional systems thinker at every level
- Active Crisis Counselors (Non-Crisis Counselors will be expected to complete training and become an active Crisis Counselor within three months of employment.)
- 3 weeks vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus work from anywhere Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor day), fully covered health insurance, matching 401K, fun office environment, and passionate team. Plus, you don’t have to come to work on your birthday.
- Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer.