Crisis Text Line provides free, 24/7 crisis support via text. We’re looking for a someone with marketing, social media and community outreach experience who is a well versed in reaching minority populations. Must be passionate and driven by our purpose, love for our community, and our texters.
Who you are:
- Cool as a cucumber while in the fast lane. You like moving quickly. You handle changes in stride and have great time management and multitasking skills. You are a positive, glass half-full person.
- Organized to the gills. You love efficiency, precision, planning, and making everything seamless. You like to understand things and measure results.
- Hungry. You take initiative and are known to go above and beyond what’s asked of you. You anticipate needs and problems ahead of time--and love solving them. You have no qualms about picking up the phone and cold calling someone.
- Expert Communicator. You believe in Crisis Text Line deeply and want to share it with anyone who will listen. You are clear and concise. You are an expert at follow-up and make sure the ball is always in their court.
What you’ll do:
Volunteer recruitment. You’ll lead recruitment targeting diverse Crisis Counselors. This includes:
- Identifying best means of recruiting diverse applicants (people of color, people over 55, veterans, etc).
- Developing long term strategy for volunteer recruitment.
- Working closely with the communications team to develop and execute on volunteer recruitment strategies.
Texter volume. You’ll lead initiatives to grow our diverse texter audiences. This includes:
- Identifying best strategies.
- Managing partnerships and ensuring they all promote 741741.
- Executing strategies, measuring impact, pivoting.
Media and PR. You'll guide the communications team to reach more diverse media outlets. This includes:
- Developing relationships with websites, newspapers, radio, events, etc.
- Scheduling interviews, preparing interviewees.
- Developing press releases and pitching stories.
- Contributing to social media and the blog (coming soon!).
Must live or be willing to move to NYC.
- 3 weeks vacation.
- A rockin’ team. Lots of support and laughter.
- You don’t have to work on your birthday (but we’ll probably bake you cookies if you do).
- Crisis Text Line is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!